Greetings and Welcome back to our blog!
I am so excited to share with you another editorial from Issue 5 of The Southern Social magazine! This one has all kinds of “SWEET” details!
The idea for this shoot was to create an avant guard dessert theme shoot where the art was all food, specifically desserts. Take a look at the inspiration boards that we used to prepare for this shoot.
As you can see, we wanted to make sure that the case was a mix of mid century modern and a haute couture fashion show. The site for the shoot was Stem and Light, this is a gorgeous venue and photo space that was the perfect setting!
Take a look at a few of the photos from the shoot and see all the sweet magic that came together with this amazing vendor team of phenomenal ladies!
Planner: Stohr-ee Events
Bakery: Uncle Willies Pies and Bakeshop
Floral: Vella Nest Floral
Photography: Beatbox Photography
Drinks: Kitchen Kandy
Printed Items: JPC Graphics
Rentals: Top Tier Event Rentals
Are you planning a dessert installation for your wedding day? If you are, here are a few tips that can help you organize and make sure that you can create a “Sweet” space for your guests.
Tips to create a “Sweet” space at your wedding day:
- Make a list of your favorite sweets. This can be cake, pies or any sweet treat you and your fiancé enjoy.
- Coordinate with your baker to find out if this is a service that they offer. If so, you can work with them to create a design for your
- Coordinate with your florist/event designer to be a part of the design. Feel free to be as creative as you want! Do you want hanging desserts? Do you want to add a surprise element or what about a dessert lounge? These are all things that can be created with the help of your vendor team.
- If you are working with a wedding planner, make sure to bring them into the conversation. They can advise you on the best location to put your “Sweet” space where it will have the most impact and also let you know if there are any limitations at your venue that can affect your design.
- Your “Sweet” space should reflect you, so feel free to also add some personal details about you as a couple so your guests enjoy the desserts and get to know a little more about both of you.
Let me know what you think and send me your “Sweet” space designs! I would love to see them.
Make it a sweet and Chic day!