You are getting close to your wedding day and it is time to get your Marriage License! You have worked hard on all the details with your amazing planner and now the countdown has begun. In order to make sure that you are prepared to get your marriage license please follow these steps:
Locate your local County Clerk’s office
Use the link below to search for your local County Clerk’s office
To Apply to for your Marriage License you MUST fulfill the following requirements:
- Both parties must appear in person.
- Both parties must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid, government-issued picture identification. Names will be reflected on the marriage license exactly as they appear on the IDs. The County Clerk’s office cannot change the name or spelling of name on ID. Forms of acceptable, valid identification include:
- Driver’s license
- State ID
- Military ID
- Must know Social Security number.
- A blood test is NOT required.
You are able to fill out the application at the county clerks office, but if you prefer to fill it out ahead of time, use the link below for the online Application
The fee is $75 payable by Cash or Credit Card
(*The fee is $15 for couples who attend the State of Texas approved Marriage Education Class and present a valid Twogether in Texas Certificate. For more information visit the Twogether in Texas website.)
The Marriage License must be purchased no earlier than 90 days prior to the wedding day and no less than 72 hrs before the wedding date.
If you have any additional questions or circumstances feel free to check out the link below to the Count Clerks office
Wishing you all the best!